Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken. There, that’s the whole recipe in the title itself. Okay, well not really…but seriously these are the predominant flavors in this recipe, and you’re going to absolutely love it.
To be honest, when I thought up of this recipe, I wanted to go the traditional route of honey garlic chicken. Breaded, deep fried and then coated in a sweet sticky honey garlic sauce.
But the thing is, while the chef wannabe in me thinks up of extravagant and complicated recipes with a number of steps, the real me (the stay at home mom with barely 5 minutes of free time) prefers to whip up quick meals with easily available ingredients (read: don’t want to go grocery shopping with a toddler).
So I often end up finding ways to make an easy recipe with minimal ingredients but maximum flavors.
This Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken is one of those dishes where there’s minimal work involved, but lots and lots of delicious flavor!
Did I say something similar already? Lol. And ready to hear the best part of this recipe?
The whole recipe (including the marinade/sauce) is made in one baking tray! Woohoo, less dishes to do! All of the ingredients required for this recipe are probably in your kitchen right now.
So basically there are only 3 steps in making this recipe:
1.) Make the marinade/sauce in the baking tray. Add the chicken. Marinate chicken for 15 minutes or so.
2.) Bake for 25 minutes or so, until chicken is done. While chicken is baking, boil rice, steam your choice of vegetables, etc etc.
3.) EAT! 😉
I like to serve this chicken with white rice, steamed broccoli and thinly sliced carrots. It’s the perfect easy and feel good meal.
My family loved this recipe, and I’m sure yours will too! I mean, what’s better than honey + garlic + lemon? Nothing! 😉
So go on now, don’t just keep staring at these gorgeous pictures (even if I say so myself), go into the kitchen and make this Honey Baked Garlic Lemon Chicken.
It’ll take only 30 minutes, and you won’t regret it…I promise! 🙂
Here are some more yummy dinner ideas!
This Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken is healthy and bursting with flavors. A handful of simple pantry ingredients go into this easy recipe, making it a quick 30 minute dinner perfect for weeknights!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (can adjust amount to increase or reduce spice level)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 medium sized chicken skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- Optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F (204 C).
- In a 10 inch baking tray add the honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, fresh ginger, crushed red pepper, cornstarch, salt, and oil. Mix until combined.
- Add the chicken and mix until the chicken is fully coated with the sauce ingredients. Marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Mine was cooked through at around 25 minutes, so keep checking, as cooking time will depend on your oven.
- For extra color on the chicken, turn on the broiler for a few minutes. This is optional.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve with rice, steamed broccoli and thinly sliced carrots.