These Butter Cookies (aka Pastisetas) are melt in your mouth delicious. To make butter cookies you only need four simple ingredients and they go perfectly with your morning cup of tea or coffee.
Aren’t these butter cookies just so pretty to look at? And trust me, they’re so delicious to eat as well. Whenever I make simple recipes, such as these butter cookies, I always think to myself how can just flour, butter, sugar make something so delicious?
But guess what? These beautiful Pastisetas are so delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie. I had to hide these cookies from family, just so I could photograph them first, or else they would have vanished in minutes!
So What’s the Difference between Butter Cookies & Shortbread Cookies?
The main difference between butter cookies and shortbread cookies is the ratio of sugar to butter.
Shortbread cookies are made with LOTS of butter, whereas for butter cookies we use more sugar. Hence, these are the more delicious cookies in my humble opinion.
Also, it’s easier to pipe the butter cookies, as opposed to shortbread cookies because the cookie dough for shortbread cookies is more crumbly.
How Do You Make Butter Cookies?
Butter Cookies are probably the simplest cookies you’ll ever bake, and I promise it’s hard to mess them up.
We start by beating softened butter, and then adding powdered sugar and vanilla.
The trickiest part is to just beat the butter and sugar mixture for about 10-12 minutes. Now fold in the flour, until it is just mixed.
The cookie batter will look a little meh, and you’ll be like huh I think I messed up but you didn’t! I promise.
It’s time to pipe the butter cookies (Pastisetas) now!
How To Pipe Pastisetas
So I used a 1M piping tip (Wilton) and piped the cookie batter. It was pretty simple.
However, if you do not have a piping tip, you can just use a zip lock bag.
Transfer the cookie batter to a zip lock bag, and cut one corner, and pipe the cookies out in rounds or however you want.
They’ll look pretty in whatever form, and seriously they’ll taste just as good too! So have fun with piping the Pastisetas! 🙂
Butter Cookies - Pastisetas
- 125 grams butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and continue beating for about 10 minutes until the butter mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour with a spatula, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag fitted with a star tip (1M).
- Pipe the cookies onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely.
I will definately try to make the cookies