Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
This Triple Chocolate Bundt cake is made with just a few simple ingredients. It's very easy to make, and is super moist and rich with chocolate flavor! Drizzle with a two ingredient chocolate ganache, to take it to the next level!
10 inch bundt pan
- For the Cake:
- 1 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.5 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup buttermilk (homemade buttermilk: Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or fresh lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. It's ready to use now!)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips I used Hershey's
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Mini Reese's or chocolate chips for garnishing optional
Make the Cake Batter
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: the chocolate cake mix and the chocolate pudding mix. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, water, and buttermilk.
Pour this wet mixture into the dry ingredients. And whisk until the batter is combined and no dry lumps remain. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
In a microwave safe bowl, heat the heavy cream in a microwave for about 30 seconds. The heavy cream should be just warm, and not very hot.
Now add the chocolate chips, and stir for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate chips melt completely.
Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven. Let cake cool for at least 1 hour. Run a knife around the edges, and then invert on a serving platter.
Drizzle with chocolate ganache, and garnish with Mini Reese's or chocolate chips if using. Enjoy!
1.) Bundt Pan: I recommend using a 10 inch bundt pan which can hold 12 cups of batter. Grease the bundt pan well, and then lightly dust with flour or cocoa powder. I recommend using cocoa powder to the dust the pan because dusting with flour can sometimes lead to white spots on the baked cake surface. If that does happen, just drizzle it with the chocolate ganache, and it'll still look pretty!
2.) Homemade Buttermilk: It's easy to make buttermilk at home. Just add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar OR fresh lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. Your homemade buttermilk is now ready to use.
3.) Room Temperature Ingredients: I recommend using room temperature ingredients because they mix and incorporate better into the cake batter.
4.) Removing the Cake from the Bundt Pan: This can sometimes be a little tricky, so I recommend letting the cake cool completely in the bundt pan after baking. This can take up to 1 hour. Run a butter knife gently around the edges. Then carefully invert it onto your serving platter. Drizzle with chocolate ganache, and serve!
5.) Storing the Cake / Make Ahead Instructions:
- In the Refrigerator: Cover cooled cake and store in the fridge up to 2 days.
- In the Freezer: Baked cake can be frozen up to 3 months. Before serving, thaw the cake overnight in the fridge. Once the cake is thawed fully, bring the cake to room temperature. Drizzle with chocolate ganache and serve.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 4mg