These pizza fries are loaded with pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. An easy and delicious recipe for all pizza lovers!
- 500 grams frozen waffle fries
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 pepperoni slices or as many as you like
- Olives for topping
- Chopped green bell pepper for topping
Preheat oven to 200 C. Bake the frozen waffle fries according to package directions.
Top with pizza sauce and spread evenly.
Add the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Place the pepperoni slices on the surface.
Top with olives and chopped green bell pepper.
Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pepperoni is cooked through.
- Waffle Fries: They hold the weight of all the toppings perfectly because of their shape and size. But I have also used thick-cut french fries and even crinkle cut with great success.
- Pizza Sauce: For ease, I use storebought but you can use homemade. Also try with marinara sauce, white pizza sauce, or even BBQ sauce.
- Cheese: Substitute with any cheese that melts nicely.
- Topping ideas: use pre-cooked chicken breasts chopped into cubes, salami, or even sliced hot dogs. You can also top with jalapenos, mushrooms, or even tomatoes chopped into small pieces.
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 369IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg