Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon
This Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon is made with an easy and delicious marinade, and baked in a foil packet. It's ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 pound salmon fillet
Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 c and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil.
Place the salmon on the prepared baking tray.
In a small bowl, mix together the chopped coriander, lemon juice, melted butter, salt and pepper.
Pour over the prepared marinade and spread it evenly across the whole salmon.
Spread over the minced garlic.
Cover with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. A cooking thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the fillet should reach 145 F, according to FDA recommendations. Note: Cooking time can vary according to the thickness and size of the fillet.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Fresh or Frozen: I like to use fresh salmon for this recipe. You can use either a whole side or smaller fillets. Frozen is also great in this recipe, just thaw it before marinating it.
- FDA Recommendations: The FDA recommends that fish should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F (measure by inserting a cooking thermometer in the thickest part of the fillet). You can also check to see if it's properly cooked by checking the flesh with a fork. It should flake easily.
- Keep the Skin On: I highly recommend baking with the skin on as it keeps the fish moist and there are less chances of it drying it out. Since it's baked, the skin is not very pleasant to eat, so I remove it by sliding thin spatula just above the skin, and the fillet slides off easily.
- Coriander: Feel free to omit the coriander if you don't like it, it will still be delicious!
- Storage Instructions: Cooked salmon can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Make Ahead: I do not recommend marinating in advance as fresh juice can affect the salmon. But I do frequently prep all the ingredients a few hour before (shop the coriander and garlic etc.) and then right before I'm ready to cook the salmon, I pour over the prepared marinade and bake.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg