Coffee Banana Smoothie
Coffee Banana Smoothie is a healthy and delicious way to start your day. Made with only 6 ingredients, it's ready in less than 5 minutes!
Servings 1 servings
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Add the coffee, banana, milk, dates, cocoa powder and cinnamon powder to a blender. Blend mixture until smooth, and the dates have blended completely.
Pour into a serving glass and enjoy immediately.
Optional Add Ins
- Coffee: You can use any kind of coffee you like. I use freshly brewed coffee for this recipe, but you may use cold brew coffee, espresso powder or even instant coffee.
- Banana: Freeze a banana the night before you plan to make it, and use that in this recipe. It will make your coffee smoothie extra creamy and delicious.
- Milk: Use any kind of milk you prefer.
- Dates: Dates are a perfect natural sweetener, and full of nutrition. Use any kind of dates you have on hand, mejdool dates are a personal favorite of mine.
- Cocoa powder & Cinnamon Powder: These add a lovely flavor to the smoothie, but are completely optional, so feel free to skip them.
- Blender: I highly recommend using a high powered blender for this smoothie, because you need the dates to blend completely.
- Storing Instructions: I recommend this smoothie be enjoyed immediately, as it tastes best when fresh.
- Peanut Butter: Add a tablespoon of peanut butter for some extra flavor and protein.
- Vanilla or Coconut Extract: A few drops of vanilla or coconut extract will amp up the flavor of the smoothie.
- Greek Yogurt: Add for extra creaminess!
- Protein Powder: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Honey: for added sweetness
- Ice cubes: Add a handful of ice cubes to make your smoothie cold and deliciously frosty.
- Nuts of Your Choice: Add some almonds or cashew nuts for added nutrition!
- Whipped Cream: for extra indulgence!
- Chocolate Syrup: Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top of the smoothie for some extra sweetness!
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg