Aloo Tikki is a very popular Indian and Pakistani street food snack. It’s made with mashed potatoes, a few spices and dipped into an egg wash before being fried.
Servings 12 patties
- 4 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 small green chilli chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water for egg wash for frying the tikkis
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for frying
Mix all ingredients (except for the egg and oil) in a medium bowl until fully incorporated.
Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or upto 24 hours.
Shape the aloo tikkis (about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each tikki)
Dip the tikki into the egg wash and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg