Aloo Keema is a delicious and classic Pakistani recipe made with minced meat and potatoes. It’s usually served with roti, but is also super yummy with rice.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped finely
- 500 grams minced meat mutton, beef or chicken - I used beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri lal mirch kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped finely
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green chilli
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the chopped onion until soft, translucent and lightly golden.
Add the minced meat, the spices and the ginger garlic paste. Cook on high heat (stirring continuously) for about 15 minutes until the meat is pretty much cooked through, and you can start seeing the oil separating.
Add the tomatoes, and about 1/4 cup water. Lower the heat and cover the pot. Cook for about 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally), until the tomatoes have cooked through and softened.
Now add the potatoes, green chilli and another 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook until the potatoes are cooked through (stirring occasionally). This will take another 15 minutes or so.
Once the potatoes are cooked through, remove the lid and increase the heat and cook the minced meat for about 4-5 minutes until you can see the oil separating again.
Top with chopped coriander and serve immediately with rice or naan.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 3mg