White Chicken Karahi
This White Chicken Karahi is creamy, savoury and just super delicious. I mean we’re talking about a spicy, creamy chicken curry, what’s there not to like? :)
- 500 grams bone-in chicken you may also use boneless chicken cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chillies grinded into a paste
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground is best, but you may also use powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds roughly grounded
- 1 teaspoon roasted coriander seeds roughly grounded
- 2 inch ginger julienned or thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream or tetra pack cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green chillies finely sliced
Heat oil in a wok, add the chicken and fry until its golden brown.
Add the ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, and salt.
Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
While the chicken is cooking, mix the yogurt, black pepper, cumin and coriander.
Add this yogurt mixture to the chicken, and cook for an addition 6-8 minutes until most of the water has evaporated, and you can see the oil on the surface of the curry.
Now add the cream and butter, and cook for a minute or two.
Garnish with green chillies and julienned ginger. Serve with roti or naan.