Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup
This Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup is an easy, healthy, and fast meal to prepare. Ready in just 8 minutes with zero ingredient prep!
- 1 cup red lentils masoor dal
- 1 teaspoon crused red chilli flakes adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 5 cups water
Place red lentils in the instant pot.
Add the crushed red chilli flakes, black pepper and salt.
Add the lemon juice and water. Stir.
Place the lid of the instant pot, and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
Pressure cook (set to manual) for 8 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes.
Turn the pressure valve towards venting, and vent the remaining pressure.
When the pin goes down, remove the lid.
Stir the lentil soup, and using a hand blender, blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
Pour into serving bowls, top with coriander and chillies. Enjoy with garlic bread.
- Red Lentils: These are perfect for soup as they break down and cook relatively faster than other legumes.
- Spices: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your liking.
- Lemon juice: This recipe calls for very few ingredients, and lemon juice plays a key role in lifting the flavors of the soup. I highly recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Hand blender: I use a hand blender for convenience, but you can also use a blender.
- Storing: It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze up to 1 month.
Calories: 650kcal | Carbohydrates: 112g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2429mg | Potassium: 1803mg | Fiber: 56g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 14mg