Chicken Hakka Noodles
Chicken Hakka Noodles are a delicious and easy Indo-Chinese noodle recipe which are just as good as the street food version…only these noodles are more hygienic!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 500 grams chicken breasts chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 200 grams noodles prepared according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce
- Green onion sliced for garnish
Heat oil in a wok, and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry for about 15 seconds or so, and then add the chicken.
Saute the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, then season with salt & pepper.
Cook the chicken for another 5-7 minutes until it changes colour and is almost cooked through.
Add the sliced onion and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
Then add the cabbage, bell pepper and carrot. Cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat, stirring continuously, until the vegetables are lightly cooked through.
Add the noodles, vinegar and soy sauce and toss until the vegetables and noodles are fully combined.
Top with sliced green onion, and serve immediately.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1772IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg