Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken Tenders
These Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken Tenders are truly crispy and so easy to make. Delicious and perfect for both kids and adults!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- For the Marination of the Chicken Tenders
- 500 grams skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into long strips)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Breading of the Chicken Tenders
- 2 eggs lightly whisked with a splash of water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs I used plain, but seasoned ones can be used
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil for baking the chicken tenders
Combine all of the marination ingredients and pour onto the chicken tenders and mix until combined. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and then greasing it lightly with oil.
Assemble the breading station by placing the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls.
Take each chicken tender strip, and lightly dredge with flour, shaking the excess flour off. Then dip the chicken tender in the whisked eggs until coated. Shaking off excess egg, dip the chicken tender into the breadcrumbs and coat fully. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Continue the dredging process until all chicken tenders have been coated.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Flip the chicken tenders after 10 minutes to ensure even baking. Baking times may vary depending upon your oven. To ensure chicken is cooked, cut through a thick chicken tender to see if it's cooked through. Take out of oven and transfer to a serving dish.
Serve with ranch dressing or your choice of condiment.