Creamy Garlic Pasta
This Creamy Garlic Pasta is creamy, garlicky, and perfectly comforting. Made with heavy cream, garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, it's ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 pound penne pasta prepared according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
In a medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter and add the garlic.
Saute for a few seconds until the garlic is fragrant, but do not let it brown.
Now add chicken stock cube and let it dissolve into the water.
Then pour in the heavy cream. Cook for five minutes on medium heat, until slightly thickened.
Add the lemon juice and stir.
Now add the seasoning: salt, pepper and dried oregano. Cook for anoter 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Finally add the boiled penned (or your choice of pasta), and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Take off heat and serve with Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets.
- Pasta: I love using penne for this recipe, but you can use any short pasta that you have on hand.
- Garlic: 4 garlic cloves seem like a lot, but it works with the amount of heavy cream in this recipe. However, you may reduce the quantity to tone down the garlic flavor.
- Chicken Stock Cube: You can substitute with vegetable stock cube. Additionally, you can also use 1 1/2 cups of stock instead of using a stock cube. If doing this, do not add the water.
- Heavy Cream: You may substitute with half and half or thick cream, whichever you have on hand.
- Lemon Juice: Please use freshly squeezed lemon juice, as that's what tastes best. Bottled lemon juice just doesn't taste the same.
- Amount of Salt: Since we are using chicken stock cube, watch the salt. You will not need a lot.
- Add ons: add your choice of veggies or grilled chicken to make it a complete meal. You can also serve it with these delicious Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg