This Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate is a sweet, cozy hot chocolate that's super easy to make and perfect to sip on chilly winter days.
My hot chocolate recipe collection is growing fast and furiously thanks to the awesome Hot Chocolate Extravaganza that I'm running on my blog these days. Whether it's this Nutella Hot Chocolate or luxurious French Hot chocolate or this citrusy Orange Hot Chocolate that you first choose to make, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!
How beautiful does this Homemade White Hot Chocolate look to you? I think it would be a perfect cozy drink to sip on a cold winter evening. I'm loving this whole Hot Chocolate Extravaganza! I mean what better job is there to make different hot chocolate recipes in the name of research? Tee hee.
This year, I decided to finally give in to my chocolate obsession, and not make one, not two but TEN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES for you guys. Winter is my favorite time of the year, and that’s mainly because of hot chocolate. So take out your cocoa powder and heavy cream, because for the next 10 days I’m going to be posting hot chocolate recipes everyday! And it’s going to be lots of fun. 🙂
I have to admit though, this Homemade White Hot Chocolate is definitely on top of my list of favorites.
So I know that Starbucks White Hot Chocolate is pretty popular, but I wanted to be able to make some at home too! And you know what? All you need is three ingredients, and any toppings you like! I used mini marshmallows (my favorite!) and red and green star sprinkles.
It tastes like an absolute cozy dream.
What You Need
- You're going to hear this a lot from me during this Hot Chocolate Extravaganza: you need to use good quality chocolate! Especially when it comes to white chocolate, which isn't actually chocolate, so it needs to be really good quality for two reasons: white chocolate can be a little fussy when it comes to melting properly so the nicer the quality the better. Also, I've had some average white chocolate over the years, and frankly it didn't taste all that great. So please use a good quality white chocolate.
- Milk! You can use any kind. I used whole milk.
- Vanilla extract.
- These are optional ingredients (kind of :P) but mini marshmallows and sprinkles are lovely in this homemade white hot chocolate.
This Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate is:
I do hope you try this Homemade White Hot Chocolate, it's sure to cheer you up during the winter blues!
Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate
Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini marshmallows
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the milk, white chocolate and vanilla. Bring to a gentle simmer while whisking continuously until the white chocolate completely melts.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs.
- Leftover White Hot Chocolate can be stored in an airtight container such as a mason jar in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.