Behold! Today I present you with nuggets of gold. Not literal nuggets of gold, because obviously we can’t eat those. I’m talking about flavor. These nuggets are basically bite sized pieces of flavor gold. Golden crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside with a hint of green chili garlicky flavor, these are one of the best chicken nuggets I’ve ever made. Humble, aren’t I?
These garlicky chicken nuggets are also super easy to make, because there is no pesky breading involved! While i love breaded chicken nuggets, the whole breading process of dipping in egg and breadcrumbs can be time consuming and messy. Ever been in a nugget making situation where your hands look like you’re wearing gloves of breadcrumbs? Okay, maybe not gloves, but you know what I mean.
So this is why these chicken nuggets are so easy. Bite sized pieces of chicken are dumped into a simple marinade of all purpose flour and flavorings such as garlic, green chili and white vinegar. And then you simply mix the batter up with a spoon, and marinate for a little while. And then it’s time to fry the chicken nuggets, and that’s when you can dip them into ketchup and enjoy the aforementioned flavor gold that these nuggets are made of.
I hope you make these, because they are food gold as far as I’m concerned.
Golden crispy chicken nuggets - so delicious with a hint of garlic and green chilies.
35 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 500 grams boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced finely)
- 1 small green chili (minced finely)
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients, until you have a thick batter. You may have to adjust the amount of flour and water to get the right consistency. The batter should be thick and all the chicken pieces should be thoroughly coated with the batter.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight is better.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil for frying, about one inch deep.
- Using a spoon drop in the the chicken nuggets, and fry on each side for about 1-2 minutes until the nuggets are golden brown and cooked through.