Purple Velvet Hot Chocolate is a dreamy and romantic twist on delicious homemade white hot chocolate. Topped with whipped cream, marshmallows and colorful sprinkles, it's a gorgeous and delicious drink.
My hot chocolate recipe collection is growing fast and furiously thanks to the awesome Hot Chocolate Extravaganza that I'm running on my blog these days. Whether it's this Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate, or luxurious French Hot chocolate or this citrusy Orange Hot Chocolate that you first choose to make, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!
So, when I came up with the idea for a Purple Velvet Hot Chocolate for the Hot Chocolate Extravaganza, I was pretty sure it wouldn't work out. I just randomly jotted it down. And when I made it, and photographed it, I was like whoa! This must go on the blog. Because it was so delicious, not to mention SO pretty too! 🙂
It turned out to be such a gorgeous drink, and while I know Valentine's day is far, far away, I really do think this would be great romantic drink for it.
But honestly while I was mixing in the violet food color into my homemade white hot chocolate, I was like OMG this does not look pretty, because it was a weird color while mixing. But then it started looking pretty (as the food color mixed in), and quite honestly this Purple Velvet Hot Chocolate has to be my favorite...because it's SO pretty!
This year, I decided to finally give in to my chocolate obsession, and not make one, not two but TEN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES for you guys. Winter is my favorite time of the year, and that’s mainly because of hot chocolate. So take out your cocoa powder and heavy cream, because for the next 10 days I’m going to be posting hot chocolate recipes everyday! And it’s going to be lots of fun. 🙂
How to Make It
- So this hot chocolate uses my recipe for creamy homemade white hot chocolate as a base.
- The rest is quite easy, you add a couple of drops of violet food gel color and whisk away! Note: I would highly recommend using food gel color as that gives a great color without using too much food color.
- And then top with whipped cream and sprinkles and mini marshmallows. Oh, so very pretty!
Try These Recipes Too
Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate
Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate
Purple Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounce white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Purple gel food colour I used Wilton’s Violet gel food colour
- Mini marshmallows
- Whipped cream
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the milk, white chocolate and vanilla. Gently heat to a simmer and keep whisking until the white chocolate has completely melted. Add a few drops of purple food colour and keep whisking until you reach the desired shade of purple.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and assorted sprinkles.
Leave a Reply