Hello. This is a bowl of spicy noodle deliciousness and there's tons of flavor going on here. Which makes me happy because I'm all about flavor.
Here's a list of the delicious players in this bowl:
1.) Roasted Cashew Nuts. OMG, yes.
2.) Dry red chilies. Aren't they a fiery looking beauty? But don't be scared, we're only using them for flavor and not a lot of spice.
3.) Egg noodles!
4.) And crunchy veggies!
Now I know this recipe might seem like a lot, what with all the steps. BUT it's delicious, it's hot, it's a little bit spicy, it's crunchy with the veggies, and nutty from the roasted cashew nuts. I promise you won't regret investing time into making this, because the ROI (return on investment) is in the form of flavor fireworks in your mouth. Hehe.
This is what happiness in a bowl looks like for me. And I think you'd agree with me after you make it.
Btw, what's YOUR happiness in a bowl look like? I would love to know, just drop your answer in the comment section below! 🙂
Spicy Chicken Cashew Noodles
- For the Chicken Marinade:
- 450 grams chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- For the Noodles
- 350 grams egg noodles
- For the Chicken Gravy
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 3 dry red chillies
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 green capsicum sliced finely
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips
- A handful of chopped coriander for garnishing.
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with marinade ingredients. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a fry pan and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot or wok. Lightly saute the cashew nuts and dry red chilies until lightly golden. This will only take about 30 seconds, be careful not to burn the cashew nuts. Transfer the cashew nuts and dry red chilies to a plate. Do not drain oil from the pot/wok.
- In the same pot/wok, add the onions and cook until light golden and translucent.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Next add in the capsicum and lightly fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the ketchup is thick.
- Season with salt.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into the chicken and let it come to a boil.
- Add in the cashew nuts, red chillies, chicken and carrots.
- Cover and cook on low flame till carrots are softened.
- Add in the noodles and mix until fully combined.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more delicious dinners?
Greek Chicken Souvlaki Pita Wraps with Herb Roasted Potatoes
Spicy Minced Beef with Capsicum
Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table
This looks like a bowl full of happiness to me, too! Love a little spicy kick and those cashews and egg noodles?! YUM - I'd happily eat up two bowls! Yummed and pinned!