Let’s talk about these sweet looking Sweet Potato Muffins today. Because while they may sound weird to you, these sweeties deserve all the spotlight today.
Btw, if you haven’t noticed, we love our muffins here at I Knead to Eat: these Blueberry Banana Muffins and the Best Banana Muffins are really delicious and easy too!
These Sweet Potato Muffins are SO delicious! They are dense and moist(yes we all hate this word but no other way to describe it) and super filling. They're also sweet, but not super sweet and full of complex flavor. They are also kind of healthy because sweet potato is also healthy?
Somebody (aka me) went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of sweet potatoes to make baby food. But baby got tired of sweet potato puree very soon, so mommy was left with a bunch of sweet potatoes lying around.
And so mommy made sweet potato fries, which were super delicious, but there were still a lot of sweet potatoes lying around.
And that’s how these came into being. And also baby got a little tasting and he absolutely loved them!
How to Make Them
Start by combining the dry ingredients:
Mix the flour, both brown sugar and white granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Then in a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients:
In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, oil and vanilla.
Then pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tin until 2/3 full.
Bake and serve!
Note: For full list of ingredients and instructions scroll down to the recipe card, please.
These Sweet Potato Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Healthy Banana Oat Muffins - Blender Recipe
Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Muffins
Super Moist Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar dark is fine too
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes boiled and mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare two muffin trays by lining them with liners.
- Mix the flour, both brown sugar and white granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until fully combined.
- Using a scoop or a tablespoon, spoon the sweet potato muffin batter into the prepared muffin tins. Fill till only 2/3 full.
- Baked for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, before serving.
can i cut out the white sugar?
Hi Aamina. I haven't tried this without the white sugar, so I'm not sure how it would affect the final product. It would like affect the texture of the muffins. If you do give it a try without white sugar, please do let us know how it turned out. Thanks!
I reduced the white sugar down to a 1/4 cup. They turned out amazing!!! I've tried the recipe with the full amount of sugar as well and the only difference is that the one with less sugar is less sweet. I didn't notice a difference in texture.
Excellent idea . This really novel recipe . Well done