These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are a delicious and healthy option for breakfast. These muffins require NO flour, oil or butter, or sugar! The batter is made in the blender and there are endless options for add ins. Also perfect to pack in school lunches or for afternoon snacks.
They’re fantastically quick (ALWAYS a huge win for me) and they taste super delicious. They’re also secretly healthy, but shhhh we don’t have to tell anyone that!
The texture is more dense and chewy than regular muffins, since they’re made with oats which are a great healthy alternative to regular all purpose flour.
The batter is made in the blender! I absolutely love easy and delicious recipes, and this recipe is definitely a keeper. I’ve made at least 6 batches of these healthy banana bread muffins in the last few weeks.
What You Need
- Oats (I used quick cooking oats because that’s what I had on hand)
- 2 very ripe bananas (click here for my tips on how to quickly ripen bananas)
- Yogurt (I used plain yogurt but greek yogurt would be great too)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Baking powder and baking soda as the leavening agents
- Vanilla, salt and
- chocolate chips
These healthy banana oat muffins require NO:
There are a lot of options that you can use as add ins:
- Finely chopped apple
- White chocolate chips (oooh even peanut butter chocolate chips!)
- A pinch of cinnamon powder would be great too!
How to Freeze
To freeze, first wrap each muffin individually with cling film. Then place them into an airtight container, and freeze up to one month.
To thaw, simply let them thaw at room temperature or gently heat in the microwave.
If you’d just like to store these muffins for a few days, then you can simply store them in an airtight container upto 4 days.
Healthy Banana Oat Muffins - Blender Recipe
- 2 cups oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C) and prepare a 12 count muffin tin by lightly greasing it or lining it with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in the blender (or food processor or hand blender). Blend on high speed, scraping once in between so that the batter mixes evenly.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon, divide the batter equally in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.