These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are a delicious and healthy option for breakfast. These muffins require NO flour, oil or butter, or sugar! The batter for these healthy banana oat muffins is made in the blender and these muffins have endless options for add ins. These banana oat muffins are perfect for school lunches or afternoon snacks too.
If you’re looking for a more decadent banana muffin recipe then don’t forget to check out my Best Banana Muffins Recipe. AND if you’re looking for more banana bread recipes then be sure to check this Triple Chocolate Banana Bread recipe out.
These healthy banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are the new favourite muffin of my household these days. They’re fantastically quick (ALWAYS a huge win for me) and they taste super delicious. They’re also secretly healthy, but shhhh we don’t have to tell anyone that!
What Do these Banana Oat Muffins taste like?
They taste just like healthy banana bread muffins but the texture is slightly different because these banana oatmeal muffins are made with no flour. The texture is more dense and chewy than regular muffins, since they’re made with oats which are a great healthy alternative to regular all purpose flour.
And the very best part of this healthy banana oat muffin recipe? The muffin batter is made in the blender! I absolutely love easy and delicious recipes, and this recipe is definitely a keeper. I’ve made at least 6 batches of these healthy banana bread muffins in the last few weeks.
Ingredients for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oats (I used quick cooking oats because that’s what I had on hand)
- 2 very ripe bananas (click here for my tips on how to quickly ripen bananas)
- Yogurt (I used plain yogurt but greek yogurt would be great too)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Baking powder and baking soda as the leavening agents
- Vanilla, salt and
- chocolate chips
How Are these Banana Oatmeal Muffins Healthier than Regular Muffins?
These healthy banana oat muffins require NO:
Isn’t that great? And these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins are so delicious and so close to the real banana bread muffins that my daughter absolutely loves them and can’t tell much of the difference between the two.
Because the other day when I made regular banana bread the other day, my daughter said hey mommy these taste just like banana oatmeal muffins! So at least the little ones won’t know! 🙂
Muffin Add Ins
There are a lot of options that you can use as add ins in these healthy banana oat muffins.
- Finely chopped apple
- White chocolate chips (oooh even peanut butter chocolate chips!)
- A pinch of cinnamon powder would be great too!
Can these Healthy Banana Oat Muffins be Frozen?
Yes these banana muffins can be frozen. To freeze the muffins, first wrap each muffin individually with cling film. Then place them into an airtight container, and freeze up to one month.
To thaw these banana oat muffins, simply let them thaw at room temperature or gently heat in the microwave.
If you’d just like to store these muffins for a few days, then you can simply store them in an airtight container upto 4 days.
Healthy Banana Oat Muffins - Blender Recipe
- 2 cups oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C) and prepare a 12 count muffin tin by lightly greasing it or lining it with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in the blender (or food processor or hand blender). Blend on high speed, scraping once in between so that the batter mixes evenly.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon, divide the batter equally in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.