This Brownie Mix Hot Chocolate is a brownie lover’s dream come true in liquid form! I love hot chocolate and winter is coming so I thought I’d share another hot chocolate recipe with you guys. This Brownie Mix Hot Chocolate is ridiculously easy to make and is the perfect beverage to have on a chilly fall/winter evening.
I mean what could get better than drinking chocolate and that too flavored with actual brownie mix?!
So even though this is a very simple recipe to make, I thought I’d outline the simple steps that you’d have to take to make this hot chocolate and then move to chocolate brownie heaven forever:
1.) So take a saucepan, add your milk, chocolate (yes, real chocolate goes into this hot chocolate), and brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker, but you can use your favorite brownie mix). Stir everything together on medium low heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
Do not let come to a boil…we just want to warm the milk and melt the chocolate gently…so a gentle simmer is what we are looking for.
2.) Make a cornstarch and milk slurry, pour that slowly into the saucepan and continuously stir until the hot chocolate has thickened up to your liking.
Don’t worry if you accidentally thicken it up too much, just add 1-2 tablespoons milk to thin out the consistency.
3.) This step is optional but not really optional because who can skip mini marshmallows and bits of crumbled up brownie pieces? Not me for sure!
So pour the hot chocolate into your favorite mug, and add some mini marshmallows, brownie pieces and even chocolate chips if you want…!
4.) Okay, now’s the best part: drink up! 🙂
Here’s to cozy winter evenings, wearing your favorite fuzzy socks and ugly sweaters and drinking up this divine hot chocolate!
Looking for more delicious drinks?
Brownie Mix Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups milk 2 tablespoons of milk separated for cornstarch slurry
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup brownie mix
- 1-2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a medium sized saucepan, gently heat together the milk, chocolate and brownie mix until the chocolate has melted completed and all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Make a cornflour slurry by combining the 2 tablespoons of milk with the cornstarch. Slowly pour this slurry into the saucepan while continuously whisking.
- When the hot chocolate has thickened to desired consistency, take off heat and pour into mugs.
- Top with marshmallows and brownie bits if desired.