Elsa’s Frozen Hot Chocolate is a fantastic twist on my homemade white hot chocolate recipe that is perfect for fans of Disney’s Frozen.
My hot chocolate recipe collection is growing fast and furiously thanks to the awesome Hot Chocolate Extravaganza that I’m running on my blog these days. Whether it’s this Three-Ingredient Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate, or this citrusy Orange Hot Chocolate that you first choose to make, I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Let it go…let it goooo…yeah let your healthy eating plans go and focus on this gorgeous Elsa’s Frozen Hot Chocolate. 😛
First things first:
What is I Knead to Eat’s Hot Chocolate Extravaganza?
This year, I decided to finally give in to my chocolate obsession, and not make one, not two but TEN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES for you guys. Winter is my favorite time of the year, and that’s mainly because of hot chocolate. So take out your cocoa powder and heavy cream, because for the next 10 days I’m going to be posting hot chocolate recipes everyday! And it’s going to be lots of fun. 🙂
And there’s no such thing as too many hot chocolate recipes.
While I was thinking about all the hot chocolate recipes I would make for the blog, I knew I wanted to do a few that were colorful and playful!
If you’re looking for more fun takes on white hot chocolate recipes then don’t forget to check out my:
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate – perfect for all unicorn fans!!!
- Purple Velvet Hot Chocolate (so romantic and perfect for Valentine’s Day!)
- Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate that’s just the right amount of festive!
How to Make Elsa’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
- We start off by making my Creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate recipe. And that’s where the fun begins.
- Add a couple of drops of blue gel food color. I highly recommend using gel food colors because they’re concentrated and so help achieve a bright color without using too much food color.
- Then top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and snowflake sprinkles.
- And don’t forget to watch Frozen, while sipping on this hot chocolate that’s so delicious it might just be a fantasy!
Elsa’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounce white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blue gel food colouring I used Wilton’s Sky Blue Gel colour
- Mini marshmallows
- Blue and white sprinkles
- Silve sprinkles
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the milk, white hot chocolate and vanilla. Bring to a gentle simmer and continuously whisk until the white chocolate has melted completely. Add a few drops of blue gel food colouring and whisk until you reach your desired shade of blue. I only used a few drops.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving mugs.
- Top with mini marshmallows, blue and white sprinkles, and silver sprinkles.