Happy Monday! Say hello to your new favorite breakfast on the go: Greek Egg Muffins. These Greek Egg Muffins are the portable version of your favorite omelette. And these egg muffins are as easy as it gets.
One bowl, a few simple ingredients and boom you’ve got a beautiful, delicious AND nutritious breakfast that can be taken on the go, or even made ahead for the whole week.
Now, I’ve seen a lot of egg muffin recipes floating around the internet, and have always wanted to make them. I never really like standing in front of the stove, so I’m always finding ways to bake all the things that are regularly made on the stove. Enter these Greek Egg Muffins, just whisk everything together and bake. Yay!
I’m on a Greek everything whim these days in the flavor department, and so I wanted to see how Greek flavors would work in egg muffins.
I mean there are plenty of sausage and cheese egg muffins out there, or other similar variations. I wanted to do something a bit different, and let me tell you the flavor of these Greek Egg Muffins is delicious!
If you like Greek salad, and olives and feta cheese, I can guarantee that you will love these Greek Egg Muffins!
And have I said how perfect these Greek Egg Muffins are for those busy mornings when everyone has to get ready for school / work and there’s basically no time for a good and healthy breakfast? Worry, not, just make these Greek Egg Muffins ahead of time (on the weekend) and have a quick and simple breakfast available all week long.
How to make these Greek Egg Muffins ahead of time? Just bake them on Sunday, and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for the whole week. Just warm them up in the microwave in the morning, and voila, you’ve got a nutritious, low carb breakfast!
Yields 6 egg muffins
Greek Egg Muffins are a perfect on the go breakfast, with a unique and delicious flavor. No more skipping breakfast, because these egg muffins are quick, delicious and nutritious!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 6 count muffin tin with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the cherry tomatoes, red onion, black olives, coriander and feta cheese.
- Fill muffin tin with the egg mixture and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the egg muffins have cooked through to your liking.