Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken. There, that's the whole recipe in the title itself. Okay, well not really...but seriously these are the predominant flavors in this recipe, and you're going to absolutely love it.
To be honest, when I thought up of this recipe, I wanted to go the traditional route of honey garlic chicken. Breaded, deep fried and then coated in a sweet sticky honey garlic sauce.
But the thing is, while the chef wannabe in me thinks up of extravagant and complicated recipes with a number of steps, the real me (the stay at home mom with barely 5 minutes of free time) prefers to whip up quick meals with easily available ingredients (read: don't want to go grocery shopping with a toddler).
So I often end up finding ways to make an easy recipe with minimal ingredients but maximum flavors.
This Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken is one of those dishes where there's minimal work involved, but lots and lots of delicious flavor!
Did I say something similar already? Lol. And ready to hear the best part of this recipe?
The whole recipe (including the marinade/sauce) is made in one baking tray! Woohoo, less dishes to do! All of the ingredients required for this recipe are probably in your kitchen right now.
So basically there are only 3 steps in making this recipe:
1.) Make the marinade/sauce in the baking tray. Add the chicken. Marinate chicken for 15 minutes or so.
2.) Bake for 25 minutes or so, until chicken is done. While chicken is baking, boil rice, steam your choice of vegetables, etc etc.
3.) EAT! 😉
I like to serve this chicken with white rice, steamed broccoli and thinly sliced carrots. It's the perfect easy and feel good meal.
My family loved this recipe, and I'm sure yours will too! I mean, what's better than honey + garlic + lemon? Nothing! 😉
So go on now, don't just keep staring at these gorgeous pictures (even if I say so myself), go into the kitchen and make this Honey Baked Garlic Lemon Chicken.
It'll take only 30 minutes, and you won't regret it...I promise! 🙂
Here are some more yummy dinner ideas!
Crispy Lemon Chicken with Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
Greek Chicken Souvlaki Pita Wraps with Roasted Potatoes
Baked Honey Garlic Lemon Chicken: 30 Minute Dinner
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper can adjust amount to increase or reduce spice level
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 medium sized chicken skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- Optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F (204 C).
- In a 10 inch baking tray add the honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, fresh ginger, crushed red pepper, cornstarch, salt, and oil. Mix until combined.
- Add the chicken and mix until the chicken is fully coated with the sauce ingredients. Marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Mine was cooked through at around 25 minutes, so keep checking, as cooking time will depend on your oven.
- For extra color on the chicken, turn on the broiler for a few minutes. This is optional.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve with rice, steamed broccoli and thinly sliced carrots.
Dear your dish sounds great! Thank you. Someday when I have an extra 5 minutes I'll try it out. Yummy! Here's how I regularly do this but different dish. I oil spray a large cookie sheet, lay on frozen uncooked chicken breasts. Then I spray the chicken salt and black pepper it. Next put on minced garlic, pour on lemon juice, drop on margarine pieces and pour on honey. 375° for 50 minutes. Yum
Hi Darva! That sounds amazing...I'll try your recipe soon! 😀
I don't normally comment but girlllllllllllll u have some serious zaiqa.!!
This chicken was absolutely lipsmacking delicious and oh so easy!
Can't wait to try ur other recipes.
Did i tell u how much i love ur blog?? Well, i do !
Keep up the amazing work.
Thank you so much Rowa...it makes me so happy to hear you loved the recipe! 🙂
Julia @ Happy Foods
This is what I need right now! Simple and delicious recipe! Thanks for the inspiration!
Well well well this indeed looks scrumptious. Unbelievably just 30 minutes! You come up with amazing things! Excellent!!!
Thank you so much! 🙂