Polyjuice Potion is perfect for Halloween or Harry Potter themed parties! It's a kid friendly drink made with only three ingredients: kiwi juice, lemon-lime soda and apple sorbet. It's ready in just 5 minutes!
This Polyjuice Potion is perfect for your next Halloween or Harry Potter themed party. Can you tell I'm super excited about Halloween this year? I've been 'brewing' up the idea for this potion for the past couple of weeks, and I'm so excited to share it with you. It totally does look like a magical potion, doesn't it? 🙂
Why this Recipe is so Perfect for Halloween
- This is a super easy and fun recipe that your kids can help you 'brew' and is ready in just five minutes.
- It's also a very versatile recipe, and you can switch up the ingredients as you like.
What do you need to make Polyjuice Potion for 'muggles'?
- Kiwi Lime Juice: It can be easily substituted with pineapple juice.
- Apple Sorbet: If you can't find apple sorbet, use lemon sorbet or even lime sherbet.
- Green Food Coloring (optional): The 'potion' itself has a lovely green color on it's own but if you want you may add a few drops of green food coloring to make it a brigther green like I have done.
- Assorted creepy jellies such as worms and teeth: Use any Halloween inspired candies you like. I used gummy worms and gummy teeth. Use your favorite of spooky candies.
Also try this delicious, creamy Mango Milkshake made with only 4 ingredients. It's another kid favorite!
How to Make It:
- Mix together the lemon lime soda and kiwi juice.
- Now add scoops of the apple sorbet, and mix until fully combined.
- Optional: Add a few drops of green food coloring to make it a brighter green as seen in the pictures.
Top Tips and recipe FAQs
Since this drink has lemon lime soda as one of it's ingredients, I do not recommend this recipe be made in advance or stored for long. It's an easy recipe and only takes 5 minutes, so only make it right before serving it.
I know this drink has a lot of sugar, given all the ingredients. One tip is to use sugar free soda so you can cut down on sugar a little bit.
More Halloween Recipes
Six-Ingredient Cake Mix Halloween Monster Cookies
I do hope you try out this Polyjuice Potion for your next Halloween or Harry Potter themed party. It's a very simple and fun drink, and would go so well with a 'spooky' setting.
Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups kiwi & lime juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 250 grams apple sorbet
- A few drops of green food coloring optional
- Gummy worms, marshmallow teeth, etc. for garnish
- To a large mixing bowl or a punch bowl, add the kiwi & lime juice and 7 up. Whisk together to combine.
- Now add scoops of apple sorbet, and mix until fully combined.
- If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix until it's thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to cups, and garnish with spooky candies or jellies such as gummy worms.
- Kiwi & Lime Juice: If you cannot find it easily, substitute it with pineapple juice.
- Apple Sorbet: Can be substituted with lemon sorbet or lime sherbet.
- Green Food Coloring: This is entirely optional, and the punch does turn out to be a nice green color on it's own, but if you want to go with a more bright green, simply add a few drops of green food coloring. I like to use gel food coloring, as it is more intense, and so you don't have to add a lot it to the drink.
- Storing: I don't recommend storing this drink for too long, and since it takes only a few minutes to assemble, I highly suggest making it right before serving it.
- Doubling the Recipe: Depending on how many people you need to serve the drink, you can double or even triple the ingredients.
very interesting drink I have no clue who Harry Potter is but this juice sure sounds delicious. I guess I better get onto Netflix and find out!
That really sounds quite delicious! My kids and I were huge Harry Potter fans! This would have been so fun to do when my kids were little!
I can't wait to make this for my nephew who is obsessed with Harry Potter. Such a cute idea!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest
Our family loves Harry Potter -- well maybe that's just me and my daughter -- but I love the idea of making a Polyjuice potion. This one definitely sounds more appetizing than the version Hermione makes.
I love the look and sound of this potion. A really great idea for halloween!
Hi, thank you for this wonderful receipe! As I couldn't find kiwijuice, I bought a green smoothie with cucmber and something else. Worked best! For the extra pinch of magic, I added half a spoon of rhubarb preserve. Glad nobody grew elephant ears!
So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
Can this be saved for a period of time? I realize that the soda would go flat, but is it possible to save it? Or is there something I can use as a substitute for the soda?
How good they look. Both color and taste seem great. Thanks for sharing great recipes for me. I will have more good things to make for my kids.
Thanks Anne...hope you like them! 🙂
This is perfect. I am literally halfway through planning a Christmas party that is Harry Potter themed! ?
Oh wow that sounds fun...hope you make and enjoy this potion! 🙂