Polyjuice Potion is perfect for Halloween or Harry Potter themed parties! It's a kid friendly drink made with only three ingredients: kiwi juice, lemon-lime soda and apple sorbet. It's ready in just 5 minutes!
This Polyjuice Potion is perfect for your next Halloween or Harry Potter themed party. Can you tell I'm super excited about Halloween this year? I've been 'brewing' up the idea for this potion for the past couple of weeks, and I'm so excited to share it with you. It totally does look like a magical potion, doesn't it? 🙂
Why this Recipe is so Perfect for Halloween
- This is a super easy and fun recipe that your kids can help you 'brew' and is ready in just five minutes.
- It's also a very versatile recipe, and you can switch up the ingredients as you like.
What do you need to make Polyjuice Potion for 'muggles'?
- Kiwi Lime Juice: It can be easily substituted with pineapple juice.
- Apple Sorbet: If you can't find apple sorbet, use lemon sorbet or even lime sherbet.
- Green Food Coloring (optional): The 'potion' itself has a lovely green color on it's own but if you want you may add a few drops of green food coloring to make it a brigther green like I have done.
- Assorted creepy jellies such as worms and teeth: Use any Halloween inspired candies you like. I used gummy worms and gummy teeth. Use your favorite of spooky candies.
How to Make It:
- Mix together the lemon lime soda and kiwi juice.
- Now add scoops of the apple sorbet, and mix until fully combined.
- Optional: Add a few drops of green food coloring to make it a brighter green as seen in the pictures.
Top Tips and recipe FAQs
Since this drink has lemon lime soda as one of it's ingredients, I do not recommend this recipe be made in advance or stored for long. It's an easy recipe and only takes 5 minutes, so only make it right before serving it.
I know this drink has a lot of sugar, given all the ingredients. One tip is to use sugar free soda so you can cut down on sugar a little bit.
More Halloween Recipes
I do hope you try out this Polyjuice Potion for your next Halloween or Harry Potter themed party. It's a very simple and fun drink, and would go so well with a 'spooky' setting.
If you've tried this, or any other recipe on my blog, don't forget to rate it and let me know how you liked it in the comments section below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM, to see more delicious food and behind the scenes.
Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups kiwi & lime juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 250 grams apple sorbet
- A few drops of green food coloring optional
- Gummy worms, marshmallow teeth, etc. for garnish
- To a large mixing bowl or a punch bowl, add the kiwi & lime juice and 7 up. Whisk together to combine.
- Now add scoops of apple sorbet, and mix until fully combined.
- If desired, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix until it's thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to cups, and garnish with spooky candies or jellies such as gummy worms.
- Kiwi & Lime Juice: If you cannot find it easily, substitute it with pineapple juice.
- Apple Sorbet: Can be substituted with lemon sorbet or lime sherbet.
- Green Food Coloring: This is entirely optional, and the punch does turn out to be a nice green color on it's own, but if you want to go with a more bright green, simply add a few drops of green food coloring. I like to use gel food coloring, as it is more intense, and so you don't have to add a lot it to the drink.
- Storing: I don't recommend storing this drink for too long, and since it takes only a few minutes to assemble, I highly suggest making it right before serving it.
- Doubling the Recipe: Depending on how many people you need to serve the drink, you can double or even triple the ingredients.