Singaporean Rice is a delicious Pakistani fusion dish that’s layered with rice, noodles with stir fried vegetables, spicy chicken curry, and topped with a mayo sauce. It’s basically heaven in a plate.
Welcome to carb central. This is your next stop in food heaven.
We’re talking rice.
We’re talking noodles.
We’re talking a saucy chicken gravy.
We’re talking a drizzle of mayo sauce.
All layered together.
Every bite is a burst of flavour and texture.
Hate it, or love it?
I think love it for sure.
What is the Origin?
So let’s talk about the origin of this recipe. It’s not from Singapore, in fact it has nothing to with Singapore at all. This delicious recipe originated in Karachi, Pakistan and was popularized as an exotic dish in weddings. Don’t you just love how fusion recipes are the best ever? I also love recipes that have a unique origin.
This is a really good recipe to serve at dinner parties, as it’s a complete meal in itself. Also, it’s pretty impressive to look at, and your guests will be talking about it for a long time. Just add delicious appetizers and a yummy dessert, and you’re good to go! 😉
If you love pasta dishes that are super fast to make then also try this Creamy Garlic Pasta recipe.
Can You Make Singaporean Rice in Advance?
Yes, you can make all the elements of the recipe one day in advance, and then heat everything separately. Layer right before serving.
I use sriracha sauce, but any chilli sauce or chilli garlic sauce is good too.
While rice is a delicious addition to Singaporean rice, and certainly an important element, you can certainly skip this step. It won’t be quite the same as the original recipe, but still delicious nonetheless.
More Delicious Fusion Recipes
For the Chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 500 grams boneless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Stir Fried Noodles & Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 200 grams noodles boiled
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup spring onion chopped
For the Mayo Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce or sriracha
For the Rice
- 4 cups boiled rice
To Make the Chicken
- Heat oil in a wok, and add the chicken. Cook for a minute, and then add ginger garlic paste and mix.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix.
- Add salt, pepper, and red chilli powder. Mix.
- Add ketchup and water, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
To Make the Stir Fried Noodles & Vegetables
- In the same wok, add oil and the vegetables. Toss the veggies until coated in oil, and then add the soy sauce, salt, pepper and red chilli powder.
- Then add in the noodles and mix well.
- Add sesame oil, mix well, and then top with green onions. Mix well, and set aside.
To Make the Mayo Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, until well combined.
- Spread rice in a serving dish.
- Then add the noodles.
- Top with the chicken gravy.
- Finally drizzle with the mayo sauce.
- Serve immediately.