Aloo Chaat is a delicious, popular Indian street food item. It's made with fried potatoes and topped with sev, pomegranate seeds, and green chutney.
I love chaat, and I like trying new types all the time. Today I’m sharing with you, one of my favorites: Aloo Chaat. This is a delicious, tangy spicy snack that’s full of flavours and texture.
This is a popular street food snack, that’s made with boiled (and then fried) potatoes. It’s cooked with a handful of tangy spices and delicious green chutney. And then it’s topped with all sorts of deliciousness such as pomegranate, chopped coriander, sev and even more green chutney!
How To Make It?
- Start by boiling the cubed potatoes first. Do not cook the potatoes completely, they should be al dente since we’re going to be frying them in a bit of oil too. We don’t want the potatoes to become mushy.
- Once the potatoes have been boiled, let them cool down a bit. Then fry them in oil, add the spices and green chutney and it's ready in a jiffy. Now top it with all kinds of deliciousness, I think my favourite topping is the pomegranate. Love that juicy burst of flavour!
How To Make it Healthier
- Traditionally, the potatoes are deep fried in this recipe. But I fry them in just a bit of oil in this recipe, so this recipe is fairly healthy.
- However, you can reduce the oil even more to make a healthier. Just be sure to use a non stick frying pan!
More Street Food Snack Recipes:
For the Aloo Chaat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cubed potatoes boiled to al dente
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 tablespoons green chutney
For the Toppings
- Chopped coriander
- Pomegranate seeds
- Green Chutney (I've linked the recipe to this at the bottom of the recipe card)
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet and add the potatoes, and fry until they’re golden brown.
- Add the spices (chaat masala, red chilli powder and cumin powder) and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add the green chutney and cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with chopped coriander, sev and pomegranate seeds and more green chutney.
- Serve immediately.