Learn how to make Pakistani style Mixed Sabzi today. Mixed Sabzi is a delicious, healthy recipe that’s often made with a variety of vegetables and usually eaten with roti and chutney on the side. It’s super nutritious and vegan too!
Mixed Sabzi is a great recipe to make when you’re craving for a healthy recipe and you want to use up all the vegetables in your fridge. I love this recipe because it’s easy, quick and can be made with any type of vegetable.
We often eat this mixed sabzi with roti and chutney. If you don’t want to have a pure vegetarian meal, then make these chicken seekh kabab too, it’s a lovely side dish for this type of vegetarian recipe.
Fresh or Frozen Vegetables for this Mixed Sabzi?
I’ve made this recipe with fresh vegetables, but this recipe can be made with a pack of frozen vegetables of your choice. This is a very forgiving recipe, and you can make your own version of it, and it’s still be delicious!
Vegetables that I Used for this Mixed Vegetables
Other Vegetables that Are Perfect for this recipe
- Capsicum or green bell pepper
- Green beans
More Delicious Pakistani Recipes to Try
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 medium sized potato chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 small tomatoes pureed in the blender
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lal mirch powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot, and then add the cumin seeds. Saute for a bout 30 seconds, and then add the chopped onion.
- Saute until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the chopped veggies and also add the tomatoes.
- Now add the spices, and mix.
- Cook covered on low heat, until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- To serve garnish with chopped coriander.