This Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad Recipe is perfect for summer BBQs and potlucks. With just a handful of ingredients this easy macaroni salad recipe is ready in 15 minutes.
Hello, hello! Last time I wrote here on the blog, it was 2017! So much has happened (basically a new addition to our family in the form of a baby boy). Yes, that’s why I’ve been MIA for so long, because I was in the throes of morning sickness for months and then the baby came. But first! Look at how gorgeous this Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad Recipe is. I actually made and photographed this recipe way back in January, but then the baby came and it’s all been a blur of feeding, diaper changes and sleeplessness. Not that I would have it any other way! 🙂
So let’s talk about this Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad recipe, and why it’s the perfect recipe for summer BBQs and potlucks. There’s basically only two reasons:
1.) It’s SUPER easy (ready in 15 minutes – sorry for shouting, but easy recipes make me SO happy!)
2.) It’s very, very delicious and very adaptable as well.
So basically, you can pretty much adjust this easy creamy summer macaroni salad recipe according to your taste. Don’t like olives? Skip them and add relish instead. Don’t like cucumbers (who are you even?) add carrots or celery!
Basically this Easy Creamy Macaroni Summer Macaroni Salad recipe is the most adjustable salad ever, and you’ll probably won’t go wrong in any case. Just don’t add chocolate cake, though. :p
Customize this Easy Creamy Macaroni Summer Salad Recipe
- Add grilled chicken/tuna to make this salad a complete lunch or dinner.
- Add chopped boiled eggs to make this into a hearty macaroni salad.
- You can even add different condiments like mustard, buffalo sauce, or even sriracha sauce!
- Different types of soft cheese would work well in this macaroni salad would work great too. I sometimes add feta cheese to this salad and it turns out fabulous.
- The more veggies you add to this macaroni salad, the yummier it turns out. I’ve added chopped bell peppers, corn and peas in this salad and they make this salad even yummier.
Serve this Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad with:
- Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken Tenders
- This salad would go great with this Easy Chicken Korma Curry and white rice.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
- This creamy macaroni salad also pairs really well with burgers and hotdogs.
- It would be great with some BBQ chicken too. Yum!
Pin this Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad Recipe here!
Easy Creamy Summer Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (cooked and drained according to package instructions)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cucumbers (sliced into quarters)
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the elbow macaroni, mayonnaise and white vinegar and mix until combined.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, dried oregano, and salt & pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.