This fruit parfait with blueberries and raspberries layered with whipped cream and custard, is a delicious and quick no bake dessert that’s perfect for summer!
Hello no bake dessert lovers of the world! I'm back with another fruit parfait!!! I realize that I just posted this Strawberry Parfait the other day, but you know what? Just a little bit of summer is left, and what better way is there than to celebrate it with a fresh fruit?
This Delicious Summer Dessert Is Full Of:
- Gorgeous fresh berries, namely raspberries and blueberries.
- Deliciously cool and creamy whipped cream. Lol, creamy whipped cream. :')
- Custard!!! Of course, I used the easy way out -being the queen of using cooking shortcuts, and went for custard powder. But you of course can go for the whole egg yolk and milk method if that's what you prefer. It'll be equally delicious both way. 🙂
- And I also used my favorite cookies, lady fingers. Aka sponger fingers. And in Italian known as savoiardi. Btw, they're called lady fingers because they resemble delicate fingers of a woman. They're also traditionally used to layer tiramisu.
So I realize that this is kind of a mix of a layered dessert and an English trifle, because of the custard. But the thing is, it's more of a no bake layered dessert (which is the very definition of a parfait) than an English trifle, which usually has layers of cake.
One thing is clear and that's the fact that it's perfectly delicious. So take out your spoon, dig into this deliciously cold and refreshing fruit parfait and enjoy the last few weeks of summer.
I'm off to shoot some more recipes for the coming fall season. 🙂
P.S. to get the layers of the parfait not mixed up, make sure that the consistency of the custard is thick so that it doesn't spread everywhere. Same goes for the whipped cream, the more whipped it is the better for the layers. However, if you just want to go for the taste and not the beauty then the thickness of the custard and whipped cream doesn't matter too much. It'll still be delicious!
P.P.S If you don't have lady fingers on hand, you can even use cake. That would be super delicious too. 🙂
Oh and if you really like fruit desserts don't forget to check out my Summer Fruit Custard Tart, it's got a delicious digestive biscuits crust and divine custard filling.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 lady fingers broken into half
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup prepared custard
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Dip each lady finger into milk for a few seconds, and then layer the bottom of your serving dish.
- Then add a layer of whipped cream, followed by a layer of custard. Then layer with berries
- Add an additional layer of lady fingers dipped into milk.
- Continue layering until you reach the top of the serving dish, and then garnish with blueberries and raspberries.
- Note: I used 4 individual serving glasses as scene in the picture, but you may use one single serving dish and just layer as desired.