This easy Coffee Slushie is made with cold brew coffee, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. This is a refreshing, icy drink, and so quick to make. All you need is a blender!
About this Recipe
This drink is perfect for coffee lovers everywhere. Everything coffee flavored has my name written on it. But a little fact about me, I mostly only prefer to have iced coffee. Yes!
Even in winter, you will find me drinking cold coffee. And that's why I tend to spend a lot of money on coffee shop iced lattes and frappuccinos.
Yes, yes you got me, I'm the person who likes their coffee as decadent as a dessert.
So anyway, since I love coffee so much, I decided to I wanted to make a homemade coffee slushie.
My trick is to use coffee frozen into ice cubes for the perfect icy texture!
And the rest is history. I don't think I'll ever have coffee any other way again. It's easy, fast, and delicious!
You'll Love This Recipe
- Cold Brew Coffee: For this recipe, we start with a batch of cold brew coffee instead of using instant coffee. Cold-brew coffee has a delicious flavor and is not as bitter as hot-brewed coffee. The flavor is perfect for iced drinks.
- No Slush Machine Needed: Love slushies but don't have a slushy maker? This drink is made without one!
- Make Ahead: You can store a double batch of cold brew coffee ice cubes in the freezer, and use a few ice cubes at a time to make coffee slushie whenever you like!
- Cold Brew Coffee: For this recipe, you will need cold brew coffee, which you will then freeze into ice cubes. You can make freshly brewed hot coffee and let it cool down if you want.
- Milk: I prefer whole milk for this recipe, but you can use oat or almond milk. To make this recipe more decadent you can also add a splash of whipping cream.
- Sweetener: I use white granulated sugar, but you can use any sweetener of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: Where I live, vanilla extract is not easily available so I have to use imitation vanilla. I recommend that you use vanilla extract as it has better flavor.
How to Make Coffee Slush Recipe
- Make the Coffee Ice Cubes: Start by pouring two cups of coffee into ice cube trays. Place in the freezer until completely solid. I usually do this a night before I want to make the drink.
- Make the drink: In a blender, add the frozen coffee ice cubes, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth, and pour into serving glasses. Drizzle chocolate syrup or caramel sauce onto it. You can also add a little bit of whipped cream if your heart desires.
- Type of coffee: Cold brew coffee yields the best flavor here, as it isn't very bitter and perfect for sweet drinks. However, you can also use regular coffee, but note that it gets more bitter as it cools down. I do not recommend using instant coffee here as it just doesn't have the depth of flavor and is more acidic as well.
- High-Power Blender: Since we have plenty of ice, and not that much liquid in this recipe, it's best to use a blender that can handle this. I use my Nutribullet which is great for such drinks, especially yogurt drinks such as Sweet Lassi and Mango Lassi. If you still find that the slush isn't blending as quickly, you can add a splash or two of milk while blending.
More Delicious Drinks to Try
- Cold Coffee
- Banana Milkshake
- Mango Milkshake
- Hot Chocolate Coffee
- Karak Chai
- Masala Chai
- Mango Lassi
- Korean Banana Milk
Homemade Coffee Slushie
- 1 cup cold brew coffee or regular coffee cooled down
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Pour the cold brew coffee into ice cube trays and freeze completely.
- Place the frozen coffee cubes into blender. Pour in the milk, sugar, vanilla extract and blend completely.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Cold Brew Coffee: You can use regular coffee as well, but I do not recommend using instant coffee as it just does not have enough flavor for this recipe.
- Milk: I use whole milk, but you can also make this recipe with almond or oat milk.
- Sugar: Use any sweetener of your choice.
- Vanilla extract: An optional ingredient but adds a delicious vanilla note to the drink!