Mango milkshake is the perfect way to cool down during hot weather. Made with fresh, ripe mangoes, milk, ice, and sugar, it's a quick and satisfying thirst quencher! If you love mangoes then also try this delicious Easy Mango Mousse!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make: All you need is four ingredients and a blender!
- Freeze the mango cubes: cut them into cubes and freeze for an even creamier result.
- Perfect for kids: This icy cold drink is a healthy, filling shake to keep those hungry tummies full! Add some ice cream to make it a special treat for them, and it's also a clever way to get some milk into their bodies. Also perfect for kids is this Chocolate Banana Smoothie or this Kiwi Juice, or my latest favorite Korean Banana Milk!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Fresh mangoes: you will need 2 fresh mangoes chopped into cubes. Freeze it for 30 minutes to make the milkshake even more creamy.
- Milk: Make sure that milk is cold, to keep everything nice and cool. Swap with almond or oat milk to make it a vegan treat.
- Ice: This is what gives the milkshake a thick, creamy texture so don't skip it. Or replace it with ice cream for an indulgent treat.
- Mint leaves for garnishing.
How to Chop a Mango
- Slice the mango lengthwise.
- Run your knife through the middle, and then make horizontal lines to cut into cubes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mango cubes.
How to Make It - Step by Step
- Place all ingredients in a nutribullet or a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!
Looking for an even healthier option? Then try this Mango Lassi or Sweet Lassi with less sugar!
Expert Tips & FAQs
Use ripe and sweet mangoes in season. The best varieties are Indian and Pakistani. Alphonso is a great choice here and Pakistani varieties such as Chaunsa and Anwar Ratol are ideal. Be sure to choose a variety that's sweet and non-fibrous. Avoid non-sweet mangoes as they can curdle the milk.
Fresh is ideal for this recipe, but you can substitute it with frozen as well or even use mango puree.
You can always play with the amount of milk, to either make the milkshake consistency thinner or thicker.
Yes, just replace it with your preferred type of milk such as almond or oat milk to make it vegan.
Also Try These Drinks
- Nutribullet or Blender
- 2 fresh mangoes chopped into cubes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar adjust according to the sweetness of your mango
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- mint for garnishing optional
- Place all ingredients in the nutri-bullet or blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
- Mango: Fresh is best, but can be substituted with mango puree or frozen mangoes.
- Milk: Use full fat milk for the creamiest results. Make it vegan by replacing the milk with almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
- Sugar: adjust the sweetness according to your mangoes, or even skip it altogether!
- Ice: Use ice cream instead to make the shake even more indulgent!
very nice , thank u so much
That milkshake looks delicious.
This looks great. I am in luck my mango tree is loaded with mangoes. I am going to give this a try.
You had me at mango. I'll have a glass of this shake please. In the meantime I've shared it.
You're welcome any time...thanks! 🙂
This looks summery and delicious! I love that it is so simple to make. I can't wait to try it!
Thanks a ton Tina! 🙂
debi at Life Currents
This mango shake looks creamy and refreshing. That Cold Coffee with Ice Cream is totally my kind of treat too!
Mine too Debi! Thanks 🙂
Mango is one of my top favorite fruits and these milkshakes look simply refreshing and soooo good! Can't wait to try it once mango season starts 🙂
Yes same here! Thanks 🙂
I'm in the same boat as you are! I can go into raptures about mangoes and my love for them too! This looks like the perfect drink, and I wish I had some of those fresh mangoes with me right now!
Just a few more weeks to mango season now! 🙂
Ooooh I almost bought mango at the store today, now I wish I would've! This looks amazing, and its super simple! I am SO ready for summer too 🙂 Love all the fresh summer produce and frozen treats!