This Mango Lassi is better than restaurant-style and is only made with 5 ingredients. All you need is fresh mangoes, greek yogurt, milk, ice, and sugar! Also, try this delicious Mango Milkshake.
Why this Recipe Works
- This Indian Mango Drink: is super easy and fast to make. Just as is this Kiwi Juice!
- It's healthy: Fresh mangoes, greek yogurt full of probiotics, and very little sugar makes this drink very nutritious. Also check out this kid friendly Chocolate Banana Smoothie made with only 3 ingredients!
- Five ingredients: are all you need to make this recipe and it's perfect as a breakfast smoothie too, just like this Coffee Banana Smoothie!
- And it tastes better than restaurant style!
What You'll Need
- Mangoes: It's ideal to use the fresh fruit, but you can use frozen or mango pulp. If using pulp, ensure that it is sweetened pulp and not unsweetened.
- Greek yogurt: Use plain greek yogurt, or even regular plain yogurt. To make it vegan, use almond yogurt or other dairy-free alternative.
- Sugar: Feel free to omit altogether, or substitute with a sweetner of your choice.
- Milk: Use full fat milk for the creamiest result, or go for your preferred type of milk such as low fat milk, almond milk or even cocount milk.
- Ice: It's what gives the lassi that thick, creamy texture.
How to Make It - Step by Step
- Place all ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with slivered pistachios. A traditional topping would be cardamom powder, but I did not have that on hand.
How to Cut a Mango
- Slice the mango lengthwise.
- Run your knife through the middle, and then make horizontal lines to cut into cubes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mango cubes.
FAQs & Tips
The best varieties are Indian and Pakistani. Alphonso is a great choice here and Pakistani varieties such as Chaunsa and Anwar Ratol are ideal. Be sure to choose a variety that's sweet and non-fibrous. Avoid non-sweet mangoes as they can curdle the milk.
It remains good in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Yes, a good substitute would be to use almond yogurt and almond milk.
A ripe mango will slightly give when gently squeezed. It will also have a sweet, fruity aroma.
Also Try These Indian Beverages
- Karak Chai
- Homemade Chai Recipe
- Masala Chai Recipe
- Cold Coffee with Ice Cream
- Mohabbat ka Sharbat
- How to Make a Banana Milkshake without Ice Cream
If you've tried this delicious recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, don't forget to rate it and let me know how you liked it in the comments section below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM, to see more delicious food and behind the scenes.
Mango Lassi | Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Nutribullet or Blender
- 1 cup mango cubed
- 1 cup greek yogurt chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup ice cubes about four to five cubes
- slivered pistachios for garnishing
- Place all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with slivered pistachios.
- Mangoes: Fresh mangoes are ideal, but not always easily available. Use the frozen kind or canned sweetened pulp.
- Yogurt: I use full fat, but regular yogurt, low-fat yogurt, all work well in this recipe. The creaminess will vary depending on the yogurt though.
- Milk: Again use full fat for that creamy texture or swap with skim milk.
- Sugar: If your mangoes are sweet enough, you can skip the sugar altogether or replace it with a sweetener.
- Cardamom Powder: used traditionally to sprinkle over the lassi, but I did not have any on hand.
- Make it Vegan: Substitute with almond yogurt and almond milk to make this lassi vegan or any other dairy alternatives suitable for vegans.