Mohabbat ka Sharbat is a famous Delhi street style drink made with Rooh Afza, milk, and watermelon. It's the perfect drink for summertime and is ready in just 5 minutes!
I discovered this fabulous recipe when it went viral on the internet, and given how beautiful it looks I really wanted to recreate it at home too. I love how unique this drink is, yet it's extremely easy to make.
I think Mohabbat ka Sharbat would be perfect for Ramadan for those delicious Iftars, or throughout the summer when it's scorching hot!
Looking for more Ramadan drink recipes? Try this Mango Lassi or this refreshing Cold Coffee with Ice Cream. And if you would like an energizing drink for sehri (or breakfast) do try this Banana Milkshake (No Ice Cream).
About this Recipe
Mohabbat ka Sharbat is a famous drink, originally sold by Nawab Qureshi, near Jama Masjid in Delhi, India.
The drink has become so popular that it's also sold in Pakistan, and is now a viral sensation all over the internet.
And no wonder it's so famous because it's so delicious and refreshing!
Why this Recipe Works
- Quick & Easy: This recipe is ready in under 5 minutes and really requires no equipment at all! Also, you only need four ingredients, just like this Mango Milkshake.
- Refreshing: Rooh Afza has cooling, refreshing properties and combined with watermelon, it's the ultimate drink.
- Perfect for a unique Valentine's drink: Come on, this is a pink drink, and looks so pretty! It would be a perfect to your Valentine celebration!
What is Rooh Afza?
Rooh Afza is a South Asian rose syrup made with rose water and kewra. It's a mega-popular beverage enjoyed in all households across Pakistan and India.
Want to learn more about this iconic drink? Read this beautiful article from Food52: Is Rooh Afza the Most Refreshing Drink in the World?.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Milk: I used full fat milk, but you can use any type of milk here.
- Watermelon: Use fresh, juicy watermleon, that's chopped into small cubes. Small cubes is the key here!
- Rooh Afza: The ingredient that gives this drink it's unique flavor and beautiful pink color.
- Ice cubes
How to Make Mohabbat ka Sharbat
- Add milk, rooh afza, and ice in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Now add the chopped watermelon cubes, and stir until combined.
- Pour into chilled serving glasses and serve immediately.
You may substitute with other brands of this rose syrup, such as Jam-e-Shireen and Naurus.
Rooh Afza is easily available in Pakistani & Indian stores. You can also try the ethnic section in big grocery stores. You can also shop it from Amazon.
This drink is best enjoyed immediately, however you can store it up to 1 day in the fridge.
Yes, just replace the milk with any non-dairy alternative such as coconut or almond milk.
Enjoy! ~ Wajeeha
Mohabbat ka Sharbat
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon Rooh Afza
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup watermelon chopped into small cubes
- Pour milk into a mixing bowl or jug.
- Add the Rooh Afza and ice. Stir until combined.
- Now add the watermelon and stir.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Rooh Afza: Substitute with Jam-e-Shireen or Naurus.
- Milk: Use full fat, low fat or any milk of your choice. To make vegan, use coconut milk or almond milk.
- Watermelon: Use deseeded watermelon that's been chopped into small cubes. Instead of chopping a whole watermelon, I got pre-sliced watermelon from the grocery store and chopped it into small cubes myself.
- Freeze the watermelon cubes: to make it more chilled and delicious.
- Storage: This drink is best enjoyed immediately. But to make ahead you can mix the milk and rooh afza beforehand, and store in the fridge. Prior to serving, add the ice cubes and watermelon cubes, stir and serve. The drink can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 day.