Cold Coffee with Ice Cream is a perfect treat for all coffee lovers. Made with only 3 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes it's a great way to cool down during the summer! Also try this Coffee Slushie or Mango Lassi, perfect for hot days!
Cold Coffee has always been a favorite of mine to order at restaurants when back home in Pakistan. And I wanted to recreate it at home because I can't always order a good cold coffee here because surprisingly it's not a well-known drink around the globe. Let's change that, shall we? 🙂 Also try these delicious recipes: Mango Milkshake, Mohabbat ka Sharbat, and Banana Milkshake, or Korean Banana Milk if you're looking for a fruity option.
Speaking of recreating restaurant favorites, you have to try this Punjabi Style Sweet Lassi!
Why this Recipe Works
- Only 3 Ingredients: Ice cream, milk, and instant coffee. Okay to be fair you also need ice, but I don't count that as an ingredient because it's optional.
- Ready in 5 Minutes: This is the easiest recipe ever. Throw all the ingredients in a blender or nutribullet. Blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses. Ta da!
- Versatile: You can play around with the ingredients. Use chocolate or coffee ice cream to change up the flavors. Use more or less coffee depending on how strong you like your coffee. Looking for a more chocolatey drink? Then this Chocolate Banana Milkshake is perfect for you!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Since this recipe calls for such few ingredients, I highly recommend using a good quality ice cream.
- Milk: For a creamy, rich cold coffee, I recommend using full fat milk. But you can certainly use skim or even other types of milk such as almond milk or oat milk. If you're looking for a healthier option then this Coffee Banana Smoothie is perfect!
- Instant coffee: I simply use instant coffee mixed with a little bit of warm water. You may also use freshly brewed coffee (cooled down), espresso, or even cold brew coffee.
- Ice: optional, but gives the cold coffee a thick, creamy consistency.
- Optional toppings: Whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate syrup or anything else that your heart desires!
How to Make It
- Place all the ingredients in to a blender or nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate syrup if desired.
This cold coffee is best enjoyed immediately, as the ice cream melts pretty quickly.
Yes, while ice cream is a key ingredient in this recipe, you can substitute with more ice. Additionally you may have to add sugar if you prefer your coffee to be sweet.
Cold Coffee with Ice Cream
- Blender or Nutribullet
- Ice cream scoop
- 3 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee mixed with 3 teaspoons of warm water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Optional toppings: whipped cream chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup.
- Place the ice cream, instant coffee, milk and ice cubes into a blender or nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate syrup.
- Ice Cream: Use good quality ice cream. You can also play around with flavors. Use coffee ice cream for a more intense coffee flavor. Or go for chocolate ice cream if you want to go for a mocha flavor.
- Instant Coffee: I find this the easiest, but you can substitute with freshly brewed coffee that's been cooled down, espresso, or even cold-brewed coffee.
- Milk: Use full-fat milk for the creamiest results. Or go for non-dairy alternatives such as almond milk or oat milk.
delicous my best summer drink.
This is great on hot summer days! Big coffee lover here, can't wait to make it!
Loved it! It was delicious!
This was so delicious! Will definitely make it again!
Coffee and ice cream, how can you go wrong? Looks so delicious!
This is such a perfect way to still get coffee during the summer when it's so hot! I made it with dairy-free ice cream and milk and it was still very creamy!
I am addicted to coffee, whether it's iced, hot or frozen. I will take it. I always love to make homemade coffee with my coffee maker. This is awesome cold coffee with ice cream. I can't wait to make this at home and surprised to my hubby even he loves coffee. Whatever ideas you can share would be appreciated.