This Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe is ready in just 15 minutes. It’s a delicious and quick dinner that is a winner on busy weeknights. Serve it with some broccoli and steamed rice, and you’re all set for a great meal!
If you love shrimp recipes, then you must try my super popular P.F. Chang’s copycat Dynamite Shrimp recipe!
So here’s a confession: Until a few months ago, I didn’t like shrimp, or many other seafood dishes. I know, I know, what kind of a foodie am I to disregard a whole type of protein?
But then I tasted honey glazed shrimp for the first time in my life, and everything changed. After all, I am a big fan of anything honey + garlic.
Also, a delicious dinner ready in 15 minutes? That’s a total winner in my book.
Plus, I think I’ve had too many Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies in the past week or so, and also one or two slices of this amazing delish apple cake I recently tested in my kitchen.
Sigh, I love how my job description entails trying out new recipes and baking delicious treats. 😀
So I think it’s about time that we had something healthy for dinner, right?
Not only is this Honey Garlic Shrimp with broccoli, amazingly delicious, it is also healthy.
So this really might be a miraculous combo of three things that make a recipe perfect:
Seriously, what could be better than such a package? Nothing, I guess.
Plus, if you’re a beginner cook, this recipe is perfect for you to try out. I mean, if you can a boil an egg, then you can definitely make this recipe, and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. 😉
Okay, before I leave you to make this wonderful 15 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp, here are a few tips to make sure you end up with the perfect 15 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp! 🙂
How to Make the Perfect 15 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
1.) Make sure you get peeled and deveined shrimp. You can leave the tail on if you want, but I got it removed from my seafood guy at the supermarket. I used jumbo shrimp. I would also suggest using fresh shrimp for this recipe, but frozen should work fine too.
2.) The recipe requires you to make a marinade for the shrimp. The shrimp is marinated for about 10 minutes in half of the marinade, and the rest of the marinade is reserved for the sauce. Discard the used marinade (in which the shrimp was marinated) and just use the reserved marinade for the sauce.
3.) Now, this is the most important tip: Do not overcook the shrimp. Shrimp literally takes a few minutes to cook through, and if overcooked it becomes extra tough and stringy. And overcooked shrimp is a total no no in the world of deliciousness. Cook the shrimp on one side for about 45 seconds, and then flip and repeat the same for the other side. And that is another reason why I now love shrimp so much – because it literally takes no time too cook! 🙂
I served this 15 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp with steamed rice and broccoli, and it was a perfect wholesome and scrumptious dinner. Even my toddler loved it, and we all know how picky toddlers can be! 🙂
More Quick and Delicious Recipes at I Knead to Eat
15 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 500 grams medium uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Green onion chopped for garnishing
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients: honey, soy sauce, minced garlic and minced ginger. Add the shrimp in a ziplock bag, and pour over half of the marinade, while reserving the rest.
- Marinate for 10 minutes or overnight.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and place the shrimp in the skillet, discarding the leftover marinade. Cook the shrimp on each side for about 45 seconds. When you flip over the shrimp, add the reserved marinade and cook for an addition 1-2 minutes. It is very important to not overcook the shrimp, so make sure you don't cook it for too long!
- Serve immediately with rice and steamed broccoli.